Icon Training Academy is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Icon Training Academy may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 11th November 2019.
Icon Training Academy complies with the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and with the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, which specifies the way organisations must collect, manage, use, secure, disclose and dispose of personal and sensitive information. All Icon Training Academy employees are required to comply with the Act.
As a nationally registered training organisation, Icon Training Academy is required to collect personal information for collecting statistical data as prescribed by government regulators and the Australian Government. As part of the enrolment process, Icon Training Academy will collect personal information that is required for the purposes of delivering the program to you, or in meeting government reporting requirements and it will only be used for the specific purposes for which it is collected. Personal information will include:
- Contact information such as name, organisation, position, address, telephone, and email, emergency contact, employment and educational histories, referees reports (if applicable), and your date of birth.
Sometimes information collected may be regarded as sensitive such as:
- Disability’ and ‘long-term impairment status’ (health); and ‘indigenous status’, ‘language spoken at home’, ‘proficiency in spoken English’, ‘country of birth’ (implies ethnic/racial origin).
This information is specified in NCVER statistical data elements and is collected for national data reporting requirements. Icon Training Academy strongly encourages you to identify in your enrolment form or advise Icon Training Academy staff or trainers directly if you do have any issues (such as literacy, language or numeracy, physical or learning issues) that may impact on your training or assessment. By knowing this information, Icon Training Academy will be able to support you with appropriate resources, or make reasonable adjustments to the program to assist you. We will not disclose this information except for the purpose of assisting your learning. If you choose not to provide this information during enrolment, Icon Training Academy may not be able to provide the necessary services to you.
Disclosure of Person Information
Icon Training Academy will not disclose personal information about you to a person, body or agency (other than the individual concerned) unless:
- You are reasonably likely to have been aware that information of that kind is usually passed to that person, body or agency;
- Your have consented to the disclosure;
- Icon Training Academy believes on reasonable grounds that the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the student or of another person;
- The disclosure is required or authorised by or under law;
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of the public revenue;
- Disclose info to employer / department under funding arrangements.
Unique Student Identifier
Icon Training Academy is only allowed to issue qualifications or a statement of attainment to students who provide their Unique Student Identifier (USI). A USI is effectively an individual’s account or reference number that allows you to access all of your training records, entered in the national vocational education and training (VET) data collection. The USI will make it easier for you to find, collate and authenticate all of your VET achievements (completed since 1 January 2015) into a single transcript and:
- Link information about your VET achievements, regardless of where you studied;
- Enable you to easily access secure digital transcripts of your achievements;
- Give you access to, and more control over, your educational information;
- Ensure that your VET records are not lost.
You will be able to conveniently obtain a complete record of your VET enrolments and achievements from a single online source. Icon Training Academy and other training organisations will be able to verify your identity via your USI and confirm your achievements to determine pre-requisites, credit transfer and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). If you already have a USI you will need to provide Icon Training Academy (and other RTOs you may study with) with your USI on enrolment (or prior to results being finalised).
If you do not yet have a USI, to obtain a USI visit: http://usi.gov.au/Students/Pages/steps-to-create-your-USI.aspx
The USI is available online and at no cost to you. As long as you have provided Icon Training Academy with your USI and paid all agreed fees, you will receive your qualification or statement of attainment directly.
Managing Your Information
Icon Training Academy commits to taking all reasonable care to ensure that information we hold, use and where appropriate disclose to others about you is correct and current. The accuracy of this information depends largely upon you providing us with details (within 7 days of any changes) such as:
- Your current address (your qualification will be sent to this address, so it is important to ensure it is correct);
- Current telephone numbers;
- A current email address.
You may access your information, including records of your learning progress at any time. If you find any errors in the record please advise us immediately so that the corrections can be made.
Last edited: 11-Nov-2019